Why Vanguard ?
As a student who is interested in doing an MBA, you are flooded with information about a wide range of B-schools. Full-page ads screaming that they are better than the IIMs, making tall claims.
We don’t have that kind of money. We are not from a real estate background with acres of campus land.
So why join Vanguard? Let us start with who we are.
Who are we?
Vanguard Business School is founded by a team of 8 highly qualified professionals including alumni of IIM A, C, K, XLRI and an MS from US. We come with years of corporate experience and thinking (HLL, Berger, Lakme Lever, Maruti, ONIDA, USHA, Oracle etc). For the past 10 years we have been working in the education industry and training space and guiding thousands of MBA aspirants.
What Corporates Say?
We have had extensive interaction with corporate managers across India and they have been very clear about their experience with B-School graduates.
1. B-School graduates lack essential Communication, Technology and Business Analysis skills
2. B-School graduates lack a practical understanding of how businesses run and the varied functions of managers
3. B-School graduates lack professionalism in terms of teamwork, business ethics, loyalty to organization etc
What Students say?
Over the past few years we have seen a number of students being deeply disappointed by the quality of education and placement opportunities provided by most B-schools.
1. 3-layer ASK program focusing on – Attitude, Essential Skills and Personality and Practical Knowledge.
2. Radically different curriculum made in line with corporate requirements. Curriculum development is done with the continuous involvement of corporate managers.
3. Business Vertical specialization in key business verticals where a large number of high quality corporate jobs are created every year. (Visual Rep)
4. All courses will have practical/project components leading to better real business exposure for students. There will be a 4 month immersive on-the-job training period instead of 6-8 week summer internships.
How is Vanguard different?
1. Most subjects are taught in B-schools in a bookish manner, and prove irrelevant to the real world of management.
2. Most professors are either not from the corporate world or long retired and are out of touch with the needs of corporate India.
3. Practical exposure to corporates is lacking and no career guidance is provided.
4. Students are overcharged in terms of fees and unable to clear education loans with the salaries that they get after their MBA program.
5. Young and dynamic faculty with relevant actual corporate experience to take sessions.
6. Extensive use of technology will be part of the curriculum, enabling students to get comfortable with modern business technology.
7. Real world managers will be assigned as personal mentors to students.