Final Placement Report Batch 2012-14
A Perfect Score: Vanguard Achieves 100% Placement
- Vanguard Business School takes great pride in sharing its final placement report for the 2014 cycle. The second Placements season at VBS has been nothing short of spectacular. As has was the case last year VBS continues to be among the first business schools in Bangalore to complete 100% placements – this year despite an almost 70% increase in the batch size! It gives us great pleasure to note that the stellar work of the placement team and the robustness of placement training process at Vanguard ensured that for the Second straight year running we’ve capped of 100% placements well ahead of almost all Top B-schools in Bangalore*.
- The verdict on Vanguard’s “Front line Managers” has been overwhelming – almost all of last year’s recruiters have returned offering higher packages and the plethora of new companies that have taken part in the Second Placement process is a resounding stamp of Industry’s belief in the employability of Vanguard students and the steadily increasing impressiveness of the profiles of successive batches at Vanguard.
- An incredible 58 companies took part in the placement process (up from 26 last year) vying for the 60 students who took part in the Final Placements 2014
- This year’s placement stats boast prominent recruiters from Industry that typically visit only Tier–1 colleges viz. CRISIL, HSBC, Mu Sigma, Colgate-Palmolive , Airtel, Reliance Jio Infocomm , Dun and Bradstreet , Pantaloons , Praxair and Hindalco
- We saw all the big name recruiters from the previous year returning to Campus like General Mills, Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company, Photon Infotech, Latent View Analytics , YLG Salons & Spas and ICICI Securities
- This year also saw many fresh additions to our recruiter pool such as Zomato, Info Edge , Hinduja Leyland Finance, Magma Fin Corp, Jubilant Retail, Advaith Hyundai, Printo and Akshayapathra
- This year saw 2 VBS students taking the Entrepreneurial plunge. Vanguard strongly believes in the transformational potential that entrepreneurship can play for India’s society and economy and has a robust mentor support for budding entrepreneurs and also has a three-year deferred placement support in place for such students.
Newer and Higher Milestones Achieved
- Number of Companies – This year’s 58 Companies is a seriously impressive 123 % improvement over last years 26 Companies. Given that the batch strength was up by 71% over last cycle what this means is that despite the larger student pool – Each student had access more recruiters compared to last year!
- Highest Package – Last year our highest package was 5.9 lakhs. This cycle we not only breached the 6 Lakh milestone – not a one off , twice in fact and stopped tantalizingly short of our next milestone! At 6.9 Lakhs our highest package is not just a 16 % improvement over last year but coming from a HSBC for core finance role it is a reminder to us that in just three years we have traversed the journey from being an unknown entity to one that the best of recruiters have faith in.
- Lowest Package – This figure is also up to 2.4 lakhs from 2.25 lakhs per annum.
- Number of offers with packages greater than 5 lakhs – The number of such offers shows an amazing 100% increase over last year. Last year there were 12 such offers in total. This year there were a whopping 24 such offers (40% of our batch size!!)
- What is a seriously impressive statistic is that on every measurable parameter, placements 2014 surpassed placements 2013 and VBS looks forward to surpassing several more milestones in the upcoming placements cycle!
|Total Students in Placement Process||35||60|
|No of Offers 6 Lakhs p.a ore more||0||2|
|No of Offers 5 Lakhs p.a ore more||12||24|
|No of Offers 4 Lakhs p.a ore more||21||24|
- Amidst such stats is easy to lose sight of the fact that these kind of numbers are achieved not by chance but by dedicated and serious application. By doing the right things irrespective of short term results. At Vanguard we are rigorously doing the correct things and the results while very impressive are not a surprise as a result of this approach! There can be no greater affirmation of the superiprity of the Placement Training aspect of Vanguards Placement Assistance than the performance of our students at two key pooled campus processes that happened this Cycle. To Illustrate :
- Colgate Palmolive had a pooled Campus process that looked at 83 students across 6 top B-schools in Bangalore. Three students were shortlisted from this pool for a follow up interview – 2 of these three students were from Vanguard. Finally Col Pal made just one offer – this offer was again to a Vanguard Student. The only offer made by Col Pal this year in Karnataka was to a VBS student
- Info Edge ( Naukri.com) had a pooled process again spanning 4 top B-schools of Bangalore. After sseveral rounds of processes 5 students were shortlisted from an initial applicant pool of close to 90 students. Of these 5 – Three were VBs students. Info Edge made three final offers – 2 of them to VBS students
- This coupled with the psoitve feedbackby almost every recruiter without fail favourably comparing Vanguard Students to students at other campuses gives us great confidence to underscore our belief that VBS students have an edge over other top B-schools even when competing for the same jobs!
Profiles on offer
- While the numbers are very impressive the real success lies in the more serious aspect of the nature of jobs and profiles that were on offer this cycle.
- Finance profiles made a forceful entry this year with Finance Majors HSBC and CRISIL offering Credit Analyst profiles.
- Consulting profiles also made a debut with the Associate Consultant profile being offered by Feedback Consulting.
- Other prominent roles on offer this year include Risk Management by Dun & Bradstreet as well as Product Manager profile offered by Reliance Jio Infocomm.
- Our students also managed to bag offers from marquee advertising firms – Ogilvy and Mather and Lowe Lintas
- FMCG Major Colgate-Palmolive was a key addition to our list of elite recruiters
- Telecom Major Airtel also made its debut as a recruiter at VBS and was in fact also the highest recruiter on campus this year offering as many as 11 offers spanning 4 diverse profiles to VBS students.
- Analytics major Mu-Sigma was also amongst the first time recruiters
- Banking & Finance Majors – ICICI Direct, Cholamandalam , HLF and Magma Fin Corp offered Business Development profiles
- Retail Majors Pantaloons, Jubilant Retail, Max Retail offered Operations, HR, Logistics and Merchandising profiles for their retail operations.
- Last Year
- Current Year
We have also seen a significant improvement in the key placement performance metrics such as Mean and Median salary levels, highest and lowest Packages offered. The increased number of PPIs and PPOs our students attracted this year is also a reflection of talent pool we possess and a confirmation of recruiter confidence in Vanguard students.
As most tier-2 MBA institutions across the countries struggled to place their students (please refer NDTV link- http://profit.ndtv.com/news/careers/article-placements-across-tier-2-b-schools-slump-only-18-get-jobs-survey-387078 ) Vanguard proudly achieved 100% placements for the second consecutive time. Given that the Batch Size at VBS saw an increase of more than 70% from the previous year and this is a truly amazing statistic!
|Total number of students||62|
|Number of students placed||60|
|Number of students opted out of placements||2|
|No of offers made||65|
|No of companies participated||55|
|No of students who were offered a PPI||3|
|No of students who were offered a PPO||4|
|Average Salary of top 20% students||5.40 lpa|
|Average Salary||4.28 lpa|
|Median Salary||4.20 lpa|
Companies that offered a direct PPO
- Ogilvy and Mather
- Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company
Companies that offered a PPI
- CRISIL Ltd – 1
- Airtel –
- ITC – 1
- Unity Consultants – 1
- Praxair – 2
PPIs Converted to PPOs
MULTIPLE SECTORS AND JOB PROFILES The core philosophy of Vanguard is to offer our students, the widest range of Industry Sector and Job profile choices. Like last year we managed to attract profiles that are usually on offer to tier-1 business schools like Credit Analyst, Data Scientist, Client Servicing and Business Analyst. Territory Sales Manager, Relationship Manger and Store Manager were some of the other common profiles. The sector split was also an encouraging prospect with a healthy mix.
For the 62 students of Class of 2014, (2 students opted out of placements as they are starting their own ventures) a total 55 companies representing as many as 14 sectors participated in the process. This is another clear indicator of VBS’s Corporate connect and wide range of choices
Function Wise Breakup
- Backend Operations
- Business Analyst
- Client Serving
- Corporate Sales
- Credit Ratings
- Department Manager
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communication
- Project Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Credit Analyst
Sector Wise Break Up
- Industry Chemicals
- Marketing Communication
- Security Systems
- Modelling and Design
|Roll no||Name||Company||Functional Domain||Sector|
|1||ABHISHEK TODI||Info Edge||Corporate Sales||e-commerce|
|2||ABILASH M||Ceasefire||Sales and Marketing||Security Systems|
|3||ABIRAMI R||Pantaloons||Department Manager||Retail|
|4||ABISHEK A JAIN||Airtel||Operations||Telecom|
|5||AMIT UPMANYU||Cholamandalam||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|6||ARGHYA CHOWDHURY||Four Fountain spa||Sales and Marketing||Hospitality|
|7||ARVINDH KUMAR PS||Feedback consulting||Analytics||Consultancy|
|8||ASHISH ANAND||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|9||AVINASH GULIA||Launch Pad||Corporate Sales||Education|
|10||CHANDRA MOULI R||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|11||D V CHAKRAVARTHY||Unity Consultants||Operations||Consultancy|
|12||DAPMON PYNGROPE||Ceasefire||Sales and Marketing||Security Systems|
|13||DHEERAJ PULAVARATHY||Vistamind||Digital Marketing||Education|
|14||DIBYENDU BANERJEE||Pantaloons||Department Manager||Retail|
|15||DINESH RAM MP||Ceasefire||Sales and Marketing||Security Systems|
|17||GURUCHARAN||Photon Infotech||Project Management||IT/ ITES|
|18||HARIN SHAH||HLF||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|19||IBRAHIM SHARIFF||Vistamind||Sales and Marketing||Education|
|20||ISHA RINGSHIA||Cholamandalam||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|21||ISHITA NIGAM||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|22||JAYANTH KUMAR C||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|24||K S VIBIN||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|25||KAUSHIK S NAIK||Gazelle||Sales and Marketing||Modelling and Designs|
|26||KRISHNA S R||Mu Sigma||Analytics||Analytics|
|27||LAXMI NADAR||Four Fountain spa||Sales and Marketing||Hospitality|
|28||MANALI SARKAR||Photon Infotech||Business Analyst||IT/ ITES|
|29||MD KHUSRO BABA||Airtel||Operations||Telecom|
|30||MOHAMED AZAD||Launch Pad||Corporate Sales||Education|
|31||MURUGESH GH||Ceasefire||Sales and Marketing||Security Systems|
|32||NANDINI D||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|33||NARENDRA KULKARNI||Cholamandalam||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|34||NAVEEN D N||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|35||NIRMAL RAJ D||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|36||NITHIN S||Vistamind||Sales and Marketing||Education|
|37||PARDEEP KAUR||Info Edge||Corporate Sales||e-commerce|
|38||PAVAN KUMAR M||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|39||PIYALI DEY||Four Fountain spa||Sales and Marketing||Hospitality|
|40||PRASHANT V EDRAMIMATH||HLF||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|41||RAJARAJAN M||Crisil||Credit Ratings||Analytics|
|42||ROHIT C||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|43||ROHITH KAMALAKSHAN||Jaro Education||Corporate Sales||Education|
|44||SAI BHARATH G||Launch Pad||Corporate Sales||Education|
|45||SAIKAT PATHAK||Vistamind||Sales and Marketing||Education|
|46||SANDHYA V SUBRAMANIAM||Lowe Lintas||Client Servicing||Marketing Communications|
|47||SANKALPA BANDYOPADHYAY||Airtel||Backend Operations||Telecom|
|48||SARALA D N||YLG Salon & Spa||Operations||Hospitality|
|49||SHAILESH PRATAP SINGH||Gurukul Marketing||Sales and Marketing||FMCG|
|51||SHEFALI PATHAK||ICICI Securities||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|52||SHOBHIT TRIPATHI||ICICI Securities||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|53||SONAL SINGH RANA||Airtel||Operations||Telecom|
|54||SUBHASISH DEY||Cholamandalam||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|55||SUDARSHAN S||HSBC||Credit Analyst||BFSI|
|56||SUDHIR PRASAD||Colgate Palmolive||Sales and Marketing||FMCG|
|57||SWATHI MUNDRA||Ogilvy||Client Servicing||Marketing Communications|
|58||SWAYANG PRAKASH KAR||HLF||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|
|59||UJJAINI ROY||Praxair||Operations||Industry chemicals|
|60||UJWAL SHAH||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|61||SACHIN||Airtel||Sales and Marketing||Telecom|
|62||SNIGDHA||Magma Fincorp||Sales and Marketing||BFSI|