Final Placement Report Batch 2013-15
100% PLACEMENTS! NOT ONCE. NOT TWICE. BUT THRICE!
- Once could be a fluke, twice could be a coincidence, but Thrice – that suggests a pattern. A pattern that Vanguard Business School, Bangalore feels a great sense of pride about. We feel great satisfaction in disclosing the final placement report for the year 2015. The Third Placement season at VBS has been phenomenal as VBS continues to be among the first business schools in Bangalore to complete 100% placements.
- It gives us great pleasure to note that the stellar work of the placement team and the effectiveness of placement training process at Vanguard have played an eminent part in capping off 100% placements this year with almost a month’s time prior to the usual culmination of placement season.
- The verdict on Vanguard’s “Frontline Managers” has been overwhelming – this year VBS witnessed a surge in new recruiters. A total of 59 students were in pursuit of jobs through the placement cell. This diverse talent pool assisted in enticing a whole new lot of recruiters this year. The fact that almost all recruiters from the past placement cycles have been a part of this year’s Placement cycle again illustrates the confidence recruiters have in Vanguard students and the steadily increasing impressiveness of the profiles of successive batches at Vanguard. Vanguard has been able to resist market conditions for the past 3 years and consistently bring the best opportunities for its students. We would like to thank all our recruiters for helping us again achieve this milestone.
The Final Recruitment process witnessed participation from recruiters which included 42 recruiters vying for 59 students
- This year’s placement stats boast prominent recruiters from Industry that typically visit only Tier–1 colleges viz. CRISIL, HSBC, Mu Sigma, Saint Gobain
- We witnessed all the big name recruiters from the previous year returning to Campus like Airtel, Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company, Photon Infotech, Info Edge ,YLG Salons & Spas, Jaro Education and ICICI Securities
- This year’s fresh addition to our recruiter pool include some of the largest players Berger Paints, Saint Gobain, Toyota Financial Services, Prop Tiger, Pepperfry, Wildcraft, etc.
Unlocking Newer And Higher Achievements
- Prominent Companies
This year, distinguished companies like Saint Gobain (Fortune 500 Company), Berger Paints (Second largest Paint manufacturer in India) and so on, visited our campus and offered jobs that are usually offered only to students of Tier-1 colleges.
- Highest Package
This placement cycle our highest package breached the 7 Lakh milestone. Our highest package came from Photon Infotech for a Project Manager role – A reminder to us that in just three years we have traversed the journey from being an unknown entity to one that the best of recruiters
have faith in. The number of offers greater than 6 LPA also doubled from last year.
- Number of offers with packages greater than 5 lakhs
The number of such offers shows an amazing increase over last year. This year there were a whopping 28 such offers (48% of our batch size!!).
- Number of offers with packages greater than 4 lakhs
This year almost 88% of students placed had 4 lakhs package The most breath-taking statistic is that on every measurable parameter, placements 2015 surpassed placements 2014 just as our last cycle trumped 2013 cycle on all parameters.
Placement Trend At VBS
|Total Students in Placement Process||35||60||59|
|No of Offers > 6 Lakhs p.a||0||2||4|
|No of Offers >5 Lakhs p.a||12||24||28|
|No of Offers > 4 Lakhs p.a||21||42||52|
All of this was possible only by the dedication and seriousness shown in the doing the right things with a long-term motive in focus. At Vanguard, very high importance is given for Placement Training. The training sessions have been very rigorous and the result is evident from the excellent performance of students in few key pooled campus processes that happened this placement cycle. To illustrate some key processes:
- Berger Paints had a pooled Campus process that looked at 102 students across 25 top B-schools in Karnataka. 15 students were shortlisted from this pool for a follow up interview – 2 of these 15 students were from Vanguard. Finally Berger Paints made just eight offers – of these two offers were again given to Vanguard Students.
- Almost every recruiter gave positive feedback of Vanguard students to other students at other campuses. VBS students have an edge over other top B-schools even when competing for the same jobs. HR of ICICI Securities gave examples of performance of Vanguard students in preplacement talks this year. All the 4 students who applied for ICICI securities were recruited in this year’s cycle.
- This year VBS saw a total of 17 Pre Placement Offers and Interviews being offered to students post their Internship out of which Airtel has offered 11 PPIs and 1 PPI by Cholamandalam to the students on the basis of their performance in the internship. Airtel, Castling Consulting, EchoVME gave 1 PPO each while Feedback Consulting offered 2 PPOs to exceptional students for their outstanding performance in their internship.
Profiles Offered: Bigger Companies & Better Profiles
Apart from the impressive statistics, we would also like to share the jobs and profiles that were on offer which will provide a much deeper insight about this year’s placement cycle.
- Finance profiles continued to increase even this year with Finance Majors HSBC, CRISIL, offering Credit Analyst. Even companies like Wildcraft and Probe Equity offered Financial Analyst profiles.
ITES / CONSULTING
- Consulting profiles on offer increased in number with profiles like Associate Consultant, Business Analyst, Research Analyst and so on, being offered by industry leaders like Feedback Consulting, Castling Consulting, Knowledge faber, Zinnov Management Consulting.
- Other prominent roles on offer this year include Associate Category Manager by Pepperfry as well as Project Manager profile offered by Photon Infotech.
- Our students also managed to bag offers from marquee emerging online service providing firms – Ola Cabs and Naukri.com (Info edge India Limited)
- Companies with unique business model like myNoticeperiod.com recruited exclusively from Vanguard Business School, as a testimony to the efficiency of our students.
SALES & MARKETING
- International Glass giant, Saint Gobain was a key addition to our list of elite recruiters.
- Telecom Major Airtel continued its relationship with Vanguard as a recruiter and offered 5 offers spanning 2 diverse profiles to VBS students.
- Second largest Paint manufacturer of India, Berger Paints debuted as our recruiter and made 2 offers as Senior Sales Officers, which are usually offered to students of tier-1 colleges.
- Banking & Finance Majors – HDFC, IndusInd Bank offered Relationship manager profile, Management Trainee roles respectively and ICICI Securities, Cholamandalam offered Branch Manager profiles
Return on Investment > 100% - Delivered As Promised
Vanguard Business School’s primary objective has always been delivering top notch industry oriented education in the most cost effective manner, delivering best return for the hard earned money of the student. Just like last year, we have managed to maintain this promise.
- Average Salary(INR 4.7 LPA)
- Median Salary(INR 4.78 LPA)
- Fees(INR 4.5)
- ROI 4.77/4.5 = 106%,