Teaching Philosophy and Pedagogy
Vanguard follows an extremely practical approach to management education.
Some of the key elements of the pedagogy are
Case studies are real life or simulated business problems. The students, under the guidance of the faculty apply their learning’s and come up with solutions to these cases.
Projects are connected to specific courses and may involve a degree of primary and secondary research along with analysis and presentation.
Internships allow students to gain exposure by working for Corporates for a short period of time. They work on projects under the guidance of managers.
Continuous evaluation is method of assessing students through out the semester rather than at the end and can involve multiple assessments like assignments, case analysis, presentations, MCQ and regular exams.
- 10 + 2 + 3/4 years of study
- Graduation from any UGC recognised university with a minimum of 40% marks. Students opting for PGPM+MBA should have 50% Marks (45% for SC, ST Students)
- Students in their final year who are in their final year may also apply. Such students should be completing all graduation requirements (Classes, Exams etc) by 30th June 2019
Students can apply online through www.vanguardbschool.com. A fee of Rs 800 is payable at the time of application. Students can also receive a physical Admission brochure and application form through Vanguard Admission executives.
For details please contact.
Phone: +91 9606944456
Students are expected to fill up a detailed pre Interview form. This helps us know the student better so that we can have a interactive and stimulating interview process. In case of any doubt or difficulty, our admissions team will guide you.
WRITING ABILITY TEST
Students have to one short essay (400 words each) on a given topic. The student is expected to use simple but clear language to express his/her points. Marks will be allocated for Knowledge, Clarity of thought and Logic.
Interviews are conducted as per a pre decided schedule at our Bangalore Campus. Once you have applied and filled out, our admissions team arranges a campus visit and Interview for you.
While it is desirable to conduct the Interview at our Bangalore campus, for students who are not residents of Bangalore, it may be difficult to travel to Bangalore for the interview process, hence in such cases, the interview may be conducted by Telephone or through Video Conferencing.
Please note that INTERVIEW is neither a Selection nor an Elimination exercise. This is purely done to ensure that the College understands the student’s reason for doing BBA and opting for Vanguard.
Students will be sent offer letter via email. Students who accept the offer are asked to pay an admission fee.
|Admission Fee||INR 75,000|
|1st year||INR 2,50,000|
|2nd year||INR 2,50,000|
Rules for Refund of Fees
Refund of Fees will be admissible only if the candidate has submitted his/her application for admission complete in all respect with all required certificates and documents but is declared ineligible for not fulfilling the eligibility conditions as per rules and regulations of Vanguard Business School. The fee paid by such candidate will be refunded through bank transfer to the bank account within 30 days from the date of refund request. (Processing charges will be deducted and the remaining amount will be transferred). Application fees (INR 800) is non refundable under any circumstance. The fee remitted by the applicant shall not be refunded for any of the following reason:
- In case the admission of the candidate is not finalized due to non- payment of fee / dues and other charges or a part there of with in the prescribed date
- In case the applicant has not submitted the required Certificate / Statement of Mark Sheet/Degree for verification / Migration Certificate in original or other certificates, etc. submitted by him/her are found bogus or forged
- If, after being admitted, a candidate does not want to continue his / her studies on account of his / her any personal reason or if the candidature of a student is cancelled as a fee defaulter or for non submission of documents etc. or the student does not appear in the examination, the fee paid by him/her shall neither be refunded nor adjusted in any case against the next session even if he / she seek readmission of the course.
We are aware that affordability is a major concern for all middle class families and we have tried our best to keep the fees at an affordable level. In fact, VBS is one of very few B Schools in India where the Average Salary at placement is HIGHER than the two-year fee level. At Vanguard we firmly believe that world class education can and should be offered at a reasonable fee. Our aim is to make quality management education affordable and accessible to all students. An affordable fee also enables easier approval for education loans without collateral. Again a lower EMI makes it much easier for a student to repay the loan from his/her salary.
However, we also offer partial fee waivers for students of exceptional merit as well as for students from low-income families.
Merit Based Scholarships
Merit based scholarships will be decided on the following factors.
- Class X, XII Scores (Min of 80%)
- Graduation Marks (Min 70%
- CAT/XAT scores (Min 70%ile)
- MAT scores (Min 85%ile)
- Any other academic achievement
- Work Experience in a recognized company (Min 2 years)
Income based Scholarships
Financial Assistance will be provided to students if gross family income is lower than Rs 2 lacs per annum.
Please note that these financial assistance will be granted subject to securing a final admission offer from Vangaurd Bschool. Also, a minimum level of academic qualifications would need to be met to avail of Financial Assistance.
The decision on financial assistance will be taken by our Academic Committee and will be final and binding.