Summer Internship Report 2015-17
The Summer Internship Process of PGP 2015-17 batch saw 38 companies participating and offering 49 profiles to our students. A batch with strength of 43 students got to explore various profiles across diverse sectors making the company to student ratio 0.9, thus showing a significant 29% increase when compared with the previous year (0.7). The highlights of Summer Internship Process of 2016 are as follows.
- Airtel, Toyota Financial Services, Feedback Consulting, CP Foods, Future Group, Hidesign, Printo, VistaMind were some of our past recruiters who have once again visited VBS because of their quality experience with our students interning year after year.
- Telecom major Reliance Jio’s participation in this year SIP process has added a new feather in the cap. Reliance not only recruited from us but also offered our students HR and Sales profile.
- Apart from Reliance, companies like Zoomcar, Mylescar, Mebelkart, UrDoorStep, Opinio were some of the other companies which participated for the first time in VBS Summer Placements.
- Work culture and enormous learning are the main attributes which make the students prefer e-commerce companies over MNCs. VBS has been able to successfully cater to this need by bringing 34% of the total companies from the e-commerce sector.
- Market Research
Sector Wise Split
- Project Managaer
- Digital Marketing
Profile Wise Split
- Business Analyst roles testing grey cells are hard to come by but companies like Photon Infotech, Castling Consulting, Treebo Hotels, Bespoke Loft offered our students this coveted role.
- Digital Marketing, the next big thing, was offered by Wazzeer.com and YScart Technologies.
- As sales and marketing roles are preferred by most of our students, the placement team had given a special attention to this. Sales profile accounted for 35% of the total profiles offered and marketing profile accounted for 23%.
- Finance roles were offered by companies like Chakra Ventures LLP and I-TIPS Advisory. Chakra Ventures LLP offered our students “Strategy role”.
- Photon Infotech, offering internship for the first time, offered two distinct roles,i.e., Business Analyst and Project Manager.
- Online Hypermarket “UrDoorStep”, Hidesign, Peepal Consulting offered HR profile.
- B2B hyperlocal logistics startup “Opinio” providing last mile delivery services offered sales internship to our students who will have to report directly to the City Manager-Sales.
- Online furniture store “Mebelkart” offered core operations role.
- Internships were offered at various locations like Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Kerala, Chennai, Pune, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mysore, Vellore, Salem.
|Full Name||SIP Company||Role|
|Maneesh M Nair||Airtel||Sales|
|D Paavan Srikanth Reddy||Airtel||Sales|
|Ramathota Dilip Kumar||Castling Consulting||Analyst|
|Sweta Sinha||Castling Consulting||Analyst|
|G.S.S.V Siva Karthik||CP Foods||BD|
|Anil Kumar Maddali||CP Foods||BD|
|Pavani P||CP Foods||Marketing|
|Supreeth Agarwal||Day Care Tissues||Sales|
|K N Sreemol||Driveahead||Marketing|
|P Ripun jaya kumar||Driveahead||Marketing|
|Harsha B||Feedback Consulting||Market Research|
|Nakul Sharma||Feedback Consulting||Market Research|
|Vinaya John Tharakan||Feedback Consulting||Market Research|
|Deepak Kumar Gupta||Future Group||Sales and Marketing|
|Subrata Bairagya||Future Group||Sales and Marketing|
|Naveen Papisetty||I-Tips Advisory||Finance|
|Varun Acharya P||I-Tips Advisory||Finance|
|Puneeth R||Blue Santos||Finance|
|Darshan GD||LOT Trucks||Sales|
|Yuvraj Bambode||Nationkart||Digital Marketing|
|Sushin Mathew||Photon Infotech||Analyst|
|Y Satya Surya||Photon Infotech||Analyst|
|Nandhaa V||Reliance Jio||HR|
|Beeram Srikanth Reddy||Reliance Jio||Sales|
|Kesava Kumar||Reliance Jio||Sales|
|Nuzhath Sultana Khan||Reliance Jio||Sales|
|Sreeja Rajesh Thamara||Reliance Jio||HR|
|Chhavi Nigam||Sreshta Global||HR|
|Jagriti Sharma||UAS International||HR|
|Shreya Saha||Wazzeer||Digital Marketing|
|Vinayak V||Zoomcar||Digital Marketing|